Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

MUSEUMS AND WHAT TO SEE IN THEM...

By Guest

Posted on: August 21, 2009 at 12:54PM

Museums: The Uffizi Gallery (Giotto’s Maesta, Filippo Lippi, Piero Della Francesca’s portraits of Duke and Ducjess of Urbino, Botticelli’s Birth of Venus and Primavera, Titian’s The Venus of Urbino, Da Vinci’s Adoration of the Magi, Michelangelo’s Doni Tondo, Rapahel self portrait, Caravaggio’s Medusa) The Academy (Michelangelo’s David) Bargello Museum (Donatello’s gay David, Ghiberti and Brunelleschi’s competition door pieces, Verrocchio’s David as a little boy) Palazzo Pitti and the Boboli Gardens (Many museums and can see Raphael’s Portrait of Agnolo Doni, Titian, gorgeous detailed rooms, and must walk through the Boboli Gardens) Museum of San Marco (Fra Angelico’s painting of Annunciation) ***If you are in Florence for a very short time, you really should try to make a reservation for the Uffizi Gallery. The Uffizi is home to many masterpieces as listed above. The morning you leave you should wake up early and be standing in line outside the Academy to see the David (or get tickets in advance.) I believe it opens at 830, but please check that for me. If you are standing in line before it opens you will not have to wait in line very long. Once inside it will only take fifteen to twenty minutes maximum to enjoy the David and Michelangelo's Pieta that he did while he was very old. report a problem

You are posting a reply to MUSEUMS AND WHAT TO SEE IN THEM...

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions