Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

DON'T MISS THE BEAUTY OF ST THOMAS

By a1sweetcookie

Posted on: October 10, 2008 at 1:09PM

I recently went on a cruise to the US Virgin Islands which stopped in St. Thomas. I was going to rent a car and now I am glad I didn't. A group of us hired one of the local tour guides located near the Budget Rent a Car building. The woman we hired was awesome. She took some of the group to a couple of local shops so they could enjoy a cheap beer on the ride ($1.00 a bottle). She took us to two awesome places, one was the mountain top where you could see the neighboring islands and Megans Bay, which I took the opportunity to take the mose awesome pic. The site was more then I could dream of. Then she took us to a beach called Emerald beach which was absolutely beautiful The water was calm and the beach very nice, but most of all it appears that not too many people go there so we had it almost entirely to ourselves. She explained that a lot of the beaches charge for everything except the air you breathe. The best tip that I can offer is that you don't try to navigate yourself around an unfamiliar island and hire a local. They know the best places to take you and make sure that you are enjoying yourself. They also know how to navigate the narrow and very steep roads without problem and after seeing them I am sooooooo glad that I didn't rent a car. It saved time trying to find places we wanted to go and she spent the day catering to our desires. report a problem

You are posting a reply to DON'T MISS THE BEAUTY OF ST THOMAS

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions