Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Amazing hotel across from Venice proper

By Guest

Posted on: September 12, 2009 at 11:02PM

I had occasion to stay in Venice twice last year. During one stay, I stayed in Venice itself at a nice hotel but typical for Europe -tiny rooms, nothing extraordinary. Then I stayed at the Bauer Palladio (there are 3 Bauer properties in Venice, so you need to be specific when making reservations although I'm sure any of the three would be great). The Bauer Palladio is in a property designed by one of Italy's most famous architects - Andrea Palldio and has been converted into a 50-room hotel which is both a refuge and a delight just a 5 minute ferry ride (complimentary) across from St. Mark's Square. The ambience, decor and overall appearance of the hotel, both its public areas and the rooms, is delightful. The rooms all appear to be quite spacious and done in an incredibly tasteful manner. Breakfast in the morning is served in a cavernous room, which is not the nicest in the property - but there is a wealth of food to choose from for breakfast. When I return to Venice next time - hopefully with my wife alongside me, I will be returning to the Bauer Palladio! Mutto bene! report a problem

Posted on: October 17, 2009 at 12:14AM

Why traverse the canal. Try hotelaidueprincipi . I stay there at least once a year.Fantastic

You are posting a reply to Amazing hotel across from Venice proper

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions