Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

3 days in venice (part 1)

By murano

Posted on: September 19, 2013 at 1:29PM

Once I came to Venice it became clear that I would come back here again and again. This is the city where romance never ends. Beautiful buildings, impregnated with ancient creations and gorgeous architecture, beauty of bridge and objects of painting ... All this is shared in one name - Venice - the city of dreams. My first impressions began at St. Mark's Square . I was so pleased with atmosphere of the sounds of street musicians and cappuccino flavour. By the way, the most delicious coffee in Venice is served on the Piazza San Marco! It cost three times more expensive than at the rest of the café in Venice, but it was worth it. As a lover of all that is beautiful, I advise everyone to go inside the palace, and see very beautiful ancient mosaics; it will not leave you indifferent. I also liked the bell tower with a clock. Climb up, the view is awesome! As a lover of fine art I could not tear myself away from the view on the Doge's Palace. Already been seen it so many times on paintings of different artists and painters, and now - here it is, a true and real. Note, if you do not like doves, be careful, as the square is full of them.... From the other way, it has its own charm. I was happy to make several beautiful pictures with my new camera. The remaining half of the day I was walking through the narrow streets and enjoy the atmosphere of pure Italy. In Venice, there are a lot of souvenir shops, especially shops of murano glass jewelry . In general, Murano glass and Venice is something inseparable. It's like France and Champagne. Venetian glass and gifts from it, is a different story, so I 'll be back to it later. The only thing I can say at once, take your time on the first day and wait to buy murano glass, as later you will visite the island of Murano, you will find a variety of choice and brands. report a problem

You are posting a reply to 3 days in venice (part 1)

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions