Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

murano island, venice

By Guest

Posted on: September 19, 2013 at 1:30PM

Murano Island can be reached by boat; trip managers get tourists to groups and carry to Venetian glass workshops. We joined a group of Japanese guys. When we reached the island, everything became clear to me: everything youíll see is for tourists. It is an art of how each showroom is decorated with Murano ornaments and jewelry. I was surprising, how it is possible create such a finest glass and thin glasses. For 50 euros we were allowed into the workshop to see how to make murano glass. It was an ancient workshop. In this workshop of Italy the continuity is very important. Grandfather, father, son, grandchildren, all the family run the business and transmit the secrets and skills to the followers. I was surprised by the speed of masterís working and blowing vases, another master was doing figures. I do not remember the name of the shop, but there were soooo chic chandeliers. I loved Venetian glass jewelry in the style of murrina. So, at the island there is a largest selection of murano glass jewelry, vases, figurines, and of course the prices are lower. Almost every workshop has its own shop where you can buy gifts and souvenirs to family and friends. I am sure you will not go from this place without buying. We bought avvetturino small figurines, and jewelry, bracelets of the finest Murano glass in marrine gioielli style, this jewelry is loved by the Italians. Traveling throughout the Italy, you can always see an murano glass jewelry on Italian ladies. It looks they love it. report a problem

You are posting a reply to murano island, venice

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions