Current Time

Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›

By Guest

Posted on: October 11, 2008 at 10:28PM

The half-smoke is a D.C. classic. It's smoked sausage with a kick, paired perfectly with chili and onions. The best are at Ben's Chili Bowl, right across from the U Street Corridor stop on the Metro Green Line. Make sure to check out the celebrity photos on the walls while you wait. Keep walking West towards Adams Morgan, and stop in Love Cafe for a mouth watering cupcake. Make sure to wait for the buttercream frosting to warm up to room temperature for the best effect. If you've got anymore room, keep heading West on U Street until you hit 18th. Make a right and you'll run into Adams Morgan. Bypass the jumbo slice pizza places for Amsterdam Falafel and Fries. The fries are heavenly and can be topped with the same amazing fixings as the falafel (fresh tabouli, hummus, roasted veggies and more - we're talking double digit options). By now you'll probably be in a food coma, so grab a coup of joe and crash on the comfy couches at Tryst, just another block up on 18th. report a problem

Posted on: February 10, 2009 at 2:59PM

On a recent trip to the District, I discovered that Amsterdam Falafel and Fries no longer allows you to pile their glorious toppings onto your fries. Disappointing, but still delicious.

You are posting a reply to DC Comfort Food

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions