Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Best food on the Mall

By Guest

Posted on: October 04, 2008 at 2:34PM

When you have been trudging around a museum all morning and your stomach begins to growl, the food carts around the mall may not look appetizing. For a great lunch, go to the Museum of the American Indian and eat at the cafeteria. Best bet - any buffalo item. The steak is to die for, but there are other buffalo meat items. Arrive early because the some of the food is made in limited quantities and may be gone after 1 pm. report a problem

Posted on: August 31, 2009 at 10:03AM

One of my favorite lunch spots is the underground cafe in the National Gallery of Art. The waterfall wall and people-watching keep this spot on my short list!

Posted on: August 27, 2009 at 7:40AM

Great tip- nothing puts the kabosh on a kid's enthusiasm for history than hunger. Another good choice is to get up to Chinatown. A bowl of noodles and a batch of "dumplings" (a.k.a. pot stickers or gyozas) will refuel your carbo meter. U.S. Westerners be aware - in the eastern U.S., what western U.S. calls chow mein, the east calls lo mein.

You are posting a reply to Best food on the Mall

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions