Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Great view of the District

By jmaxon

Posted on: October 06, 2008 at 8:14PM

Getting tickets to the top of the Washington Monument is a task. It can involve making reservations months in advance or waiting in a long line in early morning hours. Many visitors do not even realize that tickets are required until its too late. As an alternative, a visitor can get immediate access to the top of the Kennedy Center, which offers a fabulous panaoramic view of the District and a great view of the Patomac River to boot! You do not have to have tickets to a show. Just take the elevators to the top floor. Unlike the Washington Monument, you will not be cramped. The Kennedy Center has a spacious balcony that wraps around the large building. Grab some coffee and dessert at the cafe and take you time enjoying the view. report a problem

Posted on: October 17, 2008 at 4:12PM

That's a terrific suggestion. I'd like to add that another place to get a great view of the city is from the top of the National Cathedral (although it's not as accessible as your suggestion, because you have to request permission from the staff) . As an aside--especially if you're traveling alone--you can sometimes get an "unused" ticket for the Washington Monument from one of the park rangers near the que at the monument entrance. It's still the best view in town.

You are posting a reply to Great view of the District

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions