Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

There are many out of the way places to see in DC,

By Guest

Posted on: September 07, 2009 at 7:16AM

Don't miss the NE Market or the Wharf on the river! Also Mount Vernon and Fords Theater. report a problem

Posted on: January 25, 2011 at 7:39PM

DC is an amazing place to investigate and offers a variety of sites that one would think never have enough time in a single month let alone a week to get it all done. I plan my trips very carefully especially when I'm visiting a place like Washington DC. I have found a rather cool tool to do this with called Google TV, I was able to get a Logitech Revue since I work for Dish Network. This little dandy is awesome due to the integration of getting to surf and watch TV at the same time since I usually am pretty glued to my screen when I'm researching a new destination. With laptop to TV I'm missing a lot of what I'm watching so this is helpful in those times when I would like to do both. My most recent trip to DC I was on a Smithsonian mission and spent a lot of time roaming the halls history. I also scheduled my trip around the Battle of New Market Reenactment which was amazing, ladies in gowns and action on the field. Near New Market there are some awesome caverns to explore as well which are pretty cool; Luray Caverns, and Shenandoah are two I would recommend especially with the fried eggs which is all I'll say.

You are posting a reply to There are many out of the way places to see in DC,

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions