Current Time

Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›

By Guest

Posted on: April 27, 2009 at 4:34PM

Ok, our trip to playa del carmen is in one week, with all the media I am a little worried. Has anyone heard differently if we should cancel or plans or stick with them? report a problem

Posted on: May 19, 2009 at 9:27PM

The Center for Disease Control's (CDC) Travel Health Warning recommending avoidance of non-essential travel to Mexico was downgraded to a Travel Health Precaution on Friday, May 15. Time has allowed for a more complete picture that shows the outbreak is slowing down in most cities in Mexico. Another factor is the increase in the US of cases not associated with travel to Mexico. Finally, the risk of severe disease from this virus is now thought to be less than originally thought. As with any flu, it is recommended to take precautions to remain healthy including washing your hands frequently. Sneeze and cough into your elbow instead of your hand and avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth. For more info check out the CDC website: http://wwwn.cdc.gov/travel/content/travel-health-precaution/novel-h1n1-flu-mexico.aspx Another tip. If you booked your travel a while ago, you may want to check current rates as they may be lower and you may qualify for the new rates. For air, some airlines will allow you to reissue the ticket at new lower fare and receive a credit for remaining balance after they first deduct the penalty. Airline rules vary, so check with your carrier. If you are staying in a hotel, unless you have a pre-paid non-refundable rate, you may be able to lock in a lower rate. Good luck and have fun!

You are posting a reply to Flu

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions