Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Great place to stay

By abassett

Posted on: October 02, 2008 at 4:46PM

We went to Zanzibar on our honeymoon and stayed at the Swahili Beach Resort in Kizimkazi. We couldn't have picked a better place! It's a relatively small resort with 10 or so private bungalows that were just amazing. We stayed in one right on the beach. The staff were all extremely friendly and the managers were an American couple who had also recently married. We went about a month after the place opened and got the royal treatment- flowers on our bed every night and a champagne and fruit basket in our room. Being a smaller resort, you really get to know the staff as well as the other guests. The "dining room" is open air with a bar and plenty of comfy lounging furnature. Every morning at breakfast our table was set with fresh flowers and fruit picked that morning. The food was amazing, we even had the chef cook one of the fish we caught on our fishing excursion! If you're planning a trip to Zanzibar, I highly recommend Swahili Beach Resort. If you've never been to Zanzibar, I'll warn you that the airport and nearby areas aren't anything like the beaches. We had a driver hired by the resort pick us up, and on our 40 minute drive to the resort we thought "what have we gotten ourselves into!" The interior of the island is still pretty poor, and you will drive past a lot of mud huts and small shacks that the islanders live in. When we finally arrived at the resort we drove through the small fishing village of Kizimkazi and came up to a big wall and gate. The guard opened the gate and it was just paradise! report a problem

You are posting a reply to Great place to stay

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions