Current Time

Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous

By Guest

Posted on: October 12, 2008 at 1:16PM

While traveling through Europe by Eurail on our honeymoon we were leaving Zurich, and remembering the Swiss penchant for strictly adhering to schedules, we arrived at the train station with time to spare. However we no sooner boarded the train on track #8 for our scheduled departure at 10:10 AM for St. Moritz and it pulled out. Having just set my new Swiss watch from the time on the stationís scheduling board I noted the time to be 10:05 AM. and thought it prudent to ask if we were on the right train for St. Moritz. We werenít! We learned that we were on a local that stopped just outside the depot. Crossing the platform to the other side we boarded a waiting train arriving back at the main depot minutes later and saw the train we were supposed to have been on just pulling out. It left with only a five minute turn around, it was exactly 10:10 AM! report a problem

You are posting a reply to Europe by Eurail

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions